From the Laptop of Pastor Jane
Together: 1 + 1 = 3
1 Corinthians 12:27
“Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
As you Pastor and friend, the Lord continues to nudge me to encourage the Preakness family to go into the world and make a difference for Him, using your hands, feet, eyes, words and deeds! Yet, with the changing world around us, I wonder why we as Christians tend not to invite the many we meet inside our church doors for Preakness Faith Community and its family has much to offer!
You have heard of the top 10 list years ago on Laugh-In. Well here are the top 10 reasons you should invite a friend to church:
- Surely the Presence of the Lord is at Preakness!
- We Care about the journey of everyone from the youngest to the young at heart!
- We Serve throughout our community and in our world and no request is too small or too large!
- We Believe that Our Lord loves us, has given us amazing grace and answers prayer!
- Everyone is part of the Body of Christ! There are no exceptions!
- We preach applicable messages for daily lives!
- The music ministry touches the heart of everyone!
- There are hugs to go around and around!
- We love to eat, especially desserts, and our Pastor has hidden goodies in her office!
- There is something very special about a small but mighty congregation!
What keeps you from inviting a friend to Preakness Faith Community? We are the best kept secret but why are we not sharing it? As we begin our campaign Together 1 + 1 = 3, may I remind you that when two are more are gathered in His name, there Our Lord will be also! Can you imagine if we all shared this secret to just one person?
“Now you are the Body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”
Who can you invite today to be part of this amazing Body of Christ at Preakness?
As my dear friend, Marge Brown, told me many times: Strangers are Friends We Have Not
Bring a friend to worship next Sunday! I am sure I can find a treat for them!
WE PRAY FOR
Restored Health: Kim Komarnicki, Ethel Van Der Horn, Frankie Furnari, Matt Lamkin, Casey Keepers, Janet Styles, Trudy Verblaauw, Joan Betsy, Ray Tarantino, Kim Megnin, Paul Munch, Juliette Lagasi, Sherrie Piroso (Bonnie Voellmy’s cousin), Chris Masi, Sheila Zieger, Helen Nerder, Rich Rebecky, Iris Wood, Joe Boniface, Donna Michel, and Claire Wallenburg
Lost loved ones: The Garman/Coletto, Cropco, Anthony, Vazquez, Fischer, Wallenburg and Flynn families.
Mission and military: Joan and Mike Vieira and the Good Shepherd Mission; Barbara and Hilary Gierman at Camp Lebanon; Ryan Wetherhead at City Church; Ste- ven Conklin, Sam Lick, and Woody Valerio in the mili- tary
W.I.N. The pantry is currently in need of paper prod- ucts, personal care items, mayo, ketchup, mustard, sal- ad dressing, peanut butter, jelly, fruit juices, canned fruits, tomato sauce, rice, dried beans, and instant po- tatoes. They do NOT need canned beans, corn, green beans, pasta, or soup. Monetary donations are always welcome.
W.I.N.-WIN! on Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. to help us become healthier and release stress from our daily lives. Weigh-in time from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. followed by a half hour of Gentle Journey Yoga. Bring a pillow or bolster to use and although the floors are carpeted, you might want a mat also. There will be a jar to make a donation to the Food Bank or you can bring an item or two for the W.I.N. pantry. This program will end on June 13th.
Joanne’s Joy will not be meeting in May but our annual Strawberry Festival will be on June 3rd fol- lowing Morning Worship. Please mark the date on your calendar and plan to join us for a time of fellowship and delicious strawberry shortcake. In February the group met and rolled bandages for missions. We are also working hard on knitted and crocheted lap robes which are donated to our shut-ins and those in the hospital and care facili- ties. If you would like to join us please let one of the members know. Everyone is welcome. Also, we have plenty of yarn and knit and crochet supplies if you would like to join us.
Healing Hands and God Sightings will continue their studies on May 3rd, 17th, and 31st. Healing Hands meets at 1:30 and God Sightings at 7:30 p.m. Please join us.
Young at Heart we will be meeting on Tuesdays, May 8th and June 5th at 11:00 a.m. Please join us for good fellowship and an interesting program.
Save Toiletries: It is not too early to start to save the small individual toiletries as you travel. You might also like to check with the hotel to see if any of the following items are available: combs, disposable razors, shaving gel, toothbrushes, toothpaste, powder, hand sanitizers, and deodor- ant.
Sunday, May 6th
Please join us following Morning Worship for our Quarterly Business Meeting in Kenyon Hall fol- lowed by “Coffee and…” .
Adopt a Camper! During May you will have the op- portunity to adopt a camper or mission team mem- ber. Watch for more details to come.
Mothers Day Remembrances: Once again two car- nations in a bud vase will be available as remem- brances for the special women in our lives. Cost of each remembrance is $5.00. Please sign up on the narthex bulletin board.
Lunch Bunch: Out first Lunch Bunch will beheld on Saturday, May 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. We will be working outside planting flowers to beautify our memorial gardens and the area around the new sign, and doing some much needed cleanup in the kitchen. Please join us as we work to beautify our Lord’s house. A luncheon will be provided.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- May 5th—Pizza and Movie Night at Pastor Jane’s. Sign up this coming week and join the church family as they gather for pizza and the movie “Wonder.” Dinner at 6:30 p.. And the movie will start at 7:30 p.m. Every family is asked to bring a dessert to share and cost for the pizza is $5.00 per person. GREAT MOVING MOVIE! Don’t miss it! R.S.V.P. by signing up in the narthex; texting Pastor Jane or sending Pastor Jane a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 13th—Mother’s Day. Please sign up for a “Mother’s Day Remembrance” to celebrate the special women in our lives. Cost is $5.00 for a bud vase with 2 carnations.
- May 20th—Combined Board Meeting
- May 27th—Memorial Day Weekend, Pastor Herb preaching
- June 3rd—Strawberry Festival, sponsored by Joanne’s Joy, in Kenyon Hall following Morning Worship.